Saturday, August 19, 2006

So you remember now what it takes to make a woman cry

Right, in between eating Prinzen Rolle, a thing I only have a craving for about once a decade (by the way, how wrong is it that they're just called Prince in Denmark? They're Prinzen Rolle! More German than sauerkraut and lederhosen!), looking at my nails, filing my nails, looking at my nails, watching Black Books-dvd's and looking at my nails again, I'm trying to study for an exam I have in a week. I was either ill or lazy or both when the original exam came up and in a stroke of mad genius, I thought that, hey, I could just read all that stuff over the summer. Which I could. But didn't. So now I'm caught in an evil circle of panicking over the amount of reading to be done, telling myself just how big a moron I am for not doing it earlier, and doing all sorts of other things (like this) just to avoid tht nasty feeling and thus reading less and finding ever more reasons to panic, be angry with myself and so on and so on. And of course, there's the eating of biscuits which turns into guilt of not only being a moron, but a fat moron... Oooh, complete and utter lack of confidence, joy of joys...
Anyway, I've finished the Matilda Jane cardigan, although I might end up changing the back ribbon because, although you obviously can't tell from the picture, the back ribbons look sort of funny... I think I like though, even if I might have a slight inclination to think that the top part makes me look somewhat American footballer-y...

And speaking of nothing at all, I just went to the local supermarket, which seems to employ a guy/girl who is just slightly over-enthusiastic about his/her work. Under the headline "THEY'RE HERE!!!" were bamboo sticks for barbecue kebabs and because their produce guy apparently couldn't come 'round before 1PM, the employee had found it necessary to say they of course were "deeply sorry". I mean, come on, deeply sorry is what you are if you accidentally ran over someone's puppy, it's hardly called for when people have to come back in a couple of hours to get that bag of apples...
Anyway, better get back to the studying.