Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Monkey gone to heaven

... or hell, depending on how you look at it. Today felt a bit more like a holiday than a family visit. We went south, crossed the bridge over the river Kwanza (the river that gives name to the local currency) and went swimming in the Atlantic Ocean. There were some big ass waves at the beach we were at, so big that I started bleeding from the scrapes I got from being washed ashore. Also, try not to jump full frontal into a wave only slightly shorter than you, chances are you'll be in pain! It was good fun, though. I also met a monkey.

And, by the way, I thought that I'd been drunk at Roskilde. but a couple of weeks ago, my dad's girlfriend's son got so drunk that he accidentally bought a freakin' horse! I don't think I was that drunk at Roskilde, but hey, it would have solved the problem of getting back to the tent.