Thursday, July 06, 2006

I had a farm in Africa...

Sorry, all of you, I know had was a crappy headline, but it's far too warm to sleep and it was all I could come up with. Seeing as Denmark are currently undergoing temperatures up to 30 degrees centigrade, I long for chillier climates (it's the Eskimo blood in my veins) and thus I'm leaving for Angola later today. As you might know, my dad works there at the moment and I'm going to visit him along visit his girlfriend's kids (who supposedly are visiting their mother more).
I don't really know what to expect from Angola. I know that they speak Portoguese, that they had a really long civil war, that there are somewhere between 10 and 20 million unexploded landmines there, that the country has nearly as many natural resources as South Africa and that their football squad had really cracking outfits in the World Cup (which, alas, they didn't do too good in).
So, I don't really know what's coming, but ina any case, I'm leaving tonight. I might be blogging so if I do, I'll see you there, and if not, I'll see you when I get home. And while I'm gone, don't do anything I wouldn't do!