Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ooh, yummy! Yarn!

Right, it's back to normal service here. I don't know who the batty lady looking forward to Champions League final was, but I can assure you she's not coming back anytime soon! That is of course unless the current land of my father, Angola, makes it anywhere in the forthcoming World Cup (the thing starts on my dad's birthday so maybe that's a sign for me to gamble some money - the odds on Angola winning the thing is 1:600!). I love the fact that one of their players is called Loco and another is called Love - and they all look like a bunch of mean f***ers dressed in a Syndicalist flag!
Anyway, what I'm actually excited about is this:
Mmm, yarn! Soft, soft Rowan Wool Cotton. Mmmm! It's for my Matilda Jane cardigan and I must say that I'm pretty chuffed with the place I bought the yarn. When I bought the yarn for my Arisaig, I went for Angel Yarns and it took something like 6 or 8 weeks for it all to get here. I don't think it was entirely their fault, but it was still annoying as hell so this time I went with English Yarns instead. Ordered on Monday and the postman just handed it over. I like those people - and the postal service!

Also, I just bought the København Con Amore book. It's pretty good and you should definitely check it out even if it is missing the railway tracks seen from Dybbølsbro (it's best at night) and the excellent stencil that until 2 or 3 years ago was on a pillar at the station at Jyllingevej and said "USA UD AF VIETNAM" (USA out of Vietnam). I went there to take a picture of it yesterday and alas, it had been painted over, but I remember standing with a friend and wondering whether someone came and repainted it every couple of years since it was still there. This is the same friend whose favourite toilet grafitti should also be published somewhere although it's not too surprising that it isn't in Con Amore seeing as both it's authors are men and the grafitti is in the girls' room at Floss;
So you finally made it to the ladies', Darren. Well, you always did like to take it up the...

That's it, better start swatching!