Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm very sober and very, very bored

Now, there are few ways to ruin your day like spending it at my work. I know I probably don't look too busy, but I am, you know. I'm solving sudokus (made it to evil-level) and knitting, IM'ing my friends and reading the paper, I have things to do! And then there's all these people asking me questions... "Do you know where I can find the Tivoli Gardens?", "Is there a toilet my toddler can use? He/she/it's bursting.", "The machine ate my credit card, can I please get it back?". So silly, it should be bloody well obvious that the answer to all of these questions is "NO! Now leave me alone!". F***ing tourists. And natives.
So anyway, I'm tired and cranky, how are you? I'm planning on doing some comfort shopping Monday and buy these shoes. Purdy, yes? No? Well, I have slutty taste in shoes, what can you do... However, I think they will go nicely with Ysolda's Matilda Jane cardigan which I am planning to knit in black and white.

And when you're cranky, there's nothing like knowing that there are sadder bastards than you out there. Take Mads Langer, for example. If you don't kow him, he's the guy with the dreadful, awful, terribly appalling Breaking News-song (you can listen to it on his website, if you're luck enough to not have heard it). Anyway, this Thursday, ickle Mads did a show on Danish radio. Bad enough as it is, however, it gets worse when he decides to play Killing in the Name by Rage Against The Machine as you can witness for yourself here if you scroll to about 45 minutes into the clip. Hint: If you're a sissy from Skive ("it's about politics and, like, stuff"), Killing in the Name is not the best choice for a cover, but as I understand, it was chosen for him by the radio listeners, so I'm going to let that slide. However, standing there with your little sissy voice and then go "I want everybody to f*** me up. Let me see your fingers! F*** me, f*** me!", that's not a good idea. Ever! Unless, of course, you are a member of Rockbitch.
It's actually a bit sad, because I think that Mads Langer has some potential as a pretty boy, it's just too bad that every time he opens his mouth, you want to beat the crap out of him. He's sort of like the male Gwyneth Paltrow that way.