Friday, March 17, 2006

If I only could make a deal with God

Neat colours, aren't they? Now, if only my goddamn nails would stop splitting, so I could use the stuff, that would be much appreciated.
The crumpled up pile of yarn in the background is my Peacock Feathers Shawl. I'm on chart 7 now, the last chart before the edging. It really is a very nice knit, but the 400+ stitches-rows that I'm on right now, they're pulling out some teeth.

Do you know the feeling of looking at a date in your calendar and then thinking you must have forgot someone's birthday? I had that feeling until I remembered that today is St. Patrick's Day. It's not something that I've ever really celebrated, but now I kinda feel like getting hammered. Oh well, I think I'll settle for baking brownies instead, not that I'll feel much better after eating a whole batch of brownies (and knowing myself, that's what I'll end up doing) than I would after (and during) drinking Guinness.