Saturday, January 28, 2006

I could live a little better with the myths and the lies

I know that there is this Danish poet who says that a year has 14 months; January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, November, November and December, but I think I might be inclined to differ and say that a year has 22 months and ten of them are January. This month really seems to go on forever or is it just me? It might be the snow (and I feel like such a traitor for saying that), but this week in particular has just seemed never-ending. I've slept most of the time and when I've eaten, it's been nothing but carbs. I've been so tired that I've been procrastinating on going to buy food and then not eating, thus becoming more tired and procrastinating more and what have you. One day, I had rice, lentils and ketchup, probably the most depressing meal in the history of mankind. I don't even like ketchup.
And today, I fell asleep on the sofa when I got home from work and when I woke up at 10PM, I couldn't be arsed to cook so my dinner consists of popcorn and soy milk cocoa. Mmmm, soy milk cocoa. It's funny how you can take something like soy milk, which essentially tastes like liquid flour, and cocoa powder, which is just hella-bitter, mix it together, add sugar and then you'll wind up with what is arguably one of the best non-alcoholic drinks there are.

Also, I know I promised no yarn talk, but can I just say that The Knitting Olympics has now got more than 1800 contestants? 1800! I mean, how crazy is that? Moreover, Jenifleur over at JenLa has made a lot of buttons for the various teams and the un-factual ones are really funny. I almost want to be Irish, just to be able to use the button that says "Drink first, then knit". However, she's also been kind enough to make a button for the Danish team, which, to the best of my knowledge (although I haven't checked out all 1800 listed blogs, sorry), consists of me. Our button is mostly funny because it just screams "What the f*** do they have? Any clichés on Danes? Anyone? F***.... Oh, Danishes!". I couldn't figure out anything better myself, mind you. Maybe, in the light of Danish politics, it should say "We don't like you". Anyway, you can see them all here. They also have a lovely Simpsons-button for those of you who like to watch (winkwink, nudge-nudge).
In addition to the JenLa-teams, there's Team Wales, where you can join if you just think they have a cool flag or know where Wales is, a Team Caffeine that I should join as well and a team for goths who knit with eyeliner (both at, erm, Beadslut). The whole thing is crazy, I tell you!

What's not exactly crazy, more just plain weird, is this phone number that keeps popping up on my phone. A couple of weeks ago, someone called me at 4 in the morning and said "Hello?" into the phone to which I sleepily replied "Hello. Hello? HELLO?!" and then hung up. Then, the next day when I tried to call back (when people I don't know call me at 4 in the f***ing morning, I'd like an explanation) I was told that the number doesn't exist. And then today, I received a text from the same number that simply says "##kÄXÝï²:G@□" and when I want to shut down the message, my phone tells me that the sender would like a reply (what the hell would I say to that?) and would I like to answer now (didn't know that you could ask for answers, by the way. Could come in handy sometimes)? It's all very weird, it feels slightly like an episode of Lost!