Sunday, January 08, 2006

Charlie don't surf!

Just went through a tiny shopping frenzy and bought Stitch 'n Bitch and Stitch 'n Bitch Nation from Amazon. Apparently the first is out in Danish now as well, but I just think that Kvinde med Pinde is such a f***ing stupid title! I can't be the only one thinking chicks with sticks/dicks. Also, the Danish version would set me back as much as both of the English books, so it was really no contest.

I also bought the Editors-album and I Am A Bird Now by Anthony and The Johnsons. A friend of mine has had The Back Room for a while and I know I like that one, but Anthony and The Johnsons is a bit more of a gamble. It might be too sissy, who knows...
Tomorrow I'll see if I can find Chords and Dirty Limericks by Death to Frank Ziyanak. I haven't really heard anything but Fe Fi Mo Fo, but I just think it's really catchy (or catty, considering the singer's "Rrrauw!"). Has anyone heard the rest of the album? Jens Unmack likes them, so I'm thinking it can't be all bad. You can see the video for Fe Fi Mo Fo here.


I've heard that you're not supposed to include more than one subject in one blogpost, but hey... there are so many things you're not supposed to do - call me a rebel with a rather feeble cause! I stayed up all night for no particular reason and knitted the left front of my Arisaig cardigan, so now all I need to do is make the sleeves and the ribbons. I'm not sure I should post pictures before I block the sweater, because it makes the lace look wonky and also, the whole thing looks about 5 sizes too small and I don't think it is, really (though that might be hubris), but I started it on the evening of the 28th of December and I'm just really chuffed with myself for having all of this done so quickly. So here goes. I really need a digi-cam.

Anyway, as you may or may not have noticed, DR2 has a Marlon Brando-thing going right now. They've shown The Godfather, which I missed because I was drinking depressing Cosmopolitans, this Friday Apocalypse Now Redux was on and in half an hour, it's A Streetcar Named Desire. So I'll just go and see if I can make it to Irma for some dinner before that. See y'all later.
By the way... Apocalypse Now... it's about girls, right?