Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'll keep you Post-It

Having had around 55 of my CD's and records out on my living room floor and then putting them back into alphabetical order, I think I'm ready for the unveiling of my Top 50. I'm not sure how happy I am about it. It seems to me that there should be more than two albums recorded before I was born that I actually like and own. The conclusion must be that I need to buy more records, which isn't the worst thing in the world. Oh well, here goes:

1. Suede – Dog Man Star
2. Pulp – This Is Hardcore
3. kent – Isola
4. Manic Street Preachers – The Holy Bible
5. Suede - Suede
6. Manic Street Preachers – Everything Must Go
7. Håkan Hellström – Känn Ingen Sorg För Mig Göteborg
8. Elastica – Elastica
9. Mazzy Star – Among My Swan
10. The Smiths – The Smiths
11. blur – Parklife
12. Marion – The Program
13. Björk – Post
14. Belle and Sebastian – Tigermilk
15. The Smiths – Strangeways, Here We Come
16. Pulp – Different Class
17. The Jesus and Mary Chain – Psychocandy
18. Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
19. Puressence – Only Forever
20. Tindersticks – Tindersticks (this one, not this one)
21. Radiohead – The Bends
22. kent – Hagnesta Hill
23. B.R.M.C. – Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
24. The Clash – London Calling
25. Suede – Coming Up
26. Placebo – Without You I’m Nothing
27. Interpol – Antics
28. Mazzy Star – So Tonight That I Might See
29. Whiskeytown – Stranger’s Almanac
30. The Cure – Wish
31. blur – 13
32. The Cardigans – Gran Turismo
33. The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
34. Björk – Homogenic
35. Puressence – Puressence
36. Marion – Marion
37. Manic Street Preachers – Generation Terrorists
38. Pulp – His ‘n’ Hers
39. David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars
40. Radiohead – OK Computer
41. Psyched Up Janis – Where The Lights Won’t Shine-EP
42. Sort Sol – Dagger & Guitar
43. Ash – 1977
44.
Air – Moon Safari
45. Hole – Live Through This
46. My Bloody Valentine – Loveless
47.
The Dandy Warhols – 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia
48.
The Cooper Temple Clause – Kick Up the Fire, and Let The Flames Break Loose
49. Arab Strap – Philophobia
50. The Cure – Disintegration

Hate-mail and music-related contempt below, but it might take some time, before I'll respond; as my dad currently lives in Angola (yes, really), he has let me borrow his house in Sønderborg, so tomorrow I'm going there with a couple of friends to go to the tilting, buy cheap booze in Germany, get drunk and go to the beach. Should be nice and clichéd.