Sunday, October 10, 2004

Belong to a world that's gone, it's the English disease



I don't know if you know this, but today, exactly ten years has gone by since Dog Man Star by Suede was released. I'm at my mother's right now and of course I forgot to bring along my copy of the album. But had I been at home, I would have put it on tonight and sung 'Happy Birthday' or something.
It's hard to name the best album ever made (just look at hassle Q has had deciding over the years), but if you ask me it would have to be Dog Man Star. I'd have a hard time telling you why, though, because I think I have a couple of albums where I like all the songs and, most likely, I have just as many that I've been listening to a couple of times a month for years, but this one is just apart. And now it's ten years old which is a bit scary in a way, because ten years suddenly don't seem like much that way (and if ten years aren't much, then I'm close to thirty!).
Anyway, if I could age half as nicely, I'd be a happy girl, so congrats!