Sunday, July 18, 2004

The good old days before the ghost town

Do you know that time of summer where absolutely nothing is going on and all the newspapers have to write about are sheep and grilling recipes? In Danish (and German) this time of year is called, directly translated, cucumber time. I tried looking it up and only thing the dictionary could come up with was “silly season” which is not really as funny as Sauregurkenzeit, I think.
Anyway, it’s not just professional writers who are lacking something exciting to write about, it’s going on here as well. I’ve spent the last week spending money on boring stuff like pots and plates (I’ve already got pans) and working. The money is nice, but that’s pretty much it. So pretty soon I’ll probably resort to writing about baking cakes. Or about sheep. Sheep are always funny.
 
I can’t decide whether or not this is a good idea. I think I’d prefer another re-run.