Saturday, June 26, 2004

Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais

So, I'm leaving tomorrow, I got my hair cut and dyed, painted my nails and now all I still need to do is the packing. For those of you who don't know me, this means doing a sweeping motion through my closet and then just putting it all into a bag. Usually works out nicely although my bag tends to turn out a bit on the heavy side... Oh well!
I haven't entirely made up my festival programme aside from the obvious stuff like Morrissey, Pixies, David Bowie and The Franz. Especially Thursday's programme has a lot of bands about whom I've heard mostly good things, but don't really know. I think I might see TV on the Radio, but then again Sahara Hotnights are playing at the same time. I'm not a big fan, but you can't really do wrong watching Swedish chicksters with guitars, can you?
Friday, Pixies and David Bowie (fingers crossed that no-one is bringing lollipops) are the only ones I'll definitely be watching, but I might check out The Hells or go see Graham Coxon and then just whatever people are going to recommend me. Oh yeah, and The Hives if anyone can spare a cup of coffee or something else heavily caffeinated! I would have liked to see Belgian band Vive la FĂȘte, but it'll have to be another time as they clash with Bowie.
Saturday is The Day of The Guv'nor and aside from that I don't know. Might go see some opera if I'm not hungover.
And Sunday is, (as some people have noted) strangely, par-tay day with Franz Ferdinand, Muse and Scissor Sisters. I just hope my dancing shoes aren't too muddy!

Anyway, since I'm gone for a week, I probably won't be blogging much, but if you're there, I'm bringing champagne and a bit of Bailey's so come 'round!